Friday, July 07, 2006

What the...?

ever feel like what the...?like everything is about to change, but everything should really be something else? like when you woke up you were supposed to remember something that you left behind in a dream?like it was important and real?like maybe you just went to sleep and NOW you're dreaming?like you're missing something, you were supposed to be doing something that is just beneath the surface?like there is more (a whole damn lot more)than meets the eye and you keep waking up or falling asleep and missing it?
I don't know if i'm making any sense to you, but, something has been just nagging at me. Like I've spent too much time hiding from myself and from the reality that I should be living. Like I need to get focused, but I keep getting distracted and just missing myself. I go online and I see all you and your artist friends on myspace and I think everybodys work is so awesome and amazing, and I get this feeling like "wake the hell up, there' something you're not doing!!" I've always said "I'm a jack of many trades, master of none", but I have not spent any time really developing anything. I feel like I've always had this potential to do some great creative things, but I've always been too shy and nobody ever pushed me hard enough and I haven't been disciplined enough to push myself. I mean, I've been drawing/sketching,writing poetry and singing (well I still probably can't sing, lol) since like the 3rd grade. I look at other people's creative work and I feel like, if I had applied myself I would have some amazing work of my own to contribute to the world.
It's late, I'm rambling. Maybe I should just "dream a better dream".

Blessings

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Words.worth said...

You have not even completed 30 percent of your life. That means that you have plenty of time. You just need to get on it and stop holding yourself back. I know that exact feeling because I did it for so long with my writing. We only get one shot at this life (From what I know) so live it just like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home